We are right in the middle of some of the hottest days of Summer here in Wisconsin and if there is anyway I can make dinner without turning the stove on you know I’m jumping on it! This quick and easy Summer salad has been a favorite go to lately and with some quick meal prep in the beginning of the week it can be thrown together in under 5 minutes. If you give it a try be sure to let me know what you think and don’t be afraid to make it your own by mixing up the add ins!
- Organic baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Baked or grilled chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Wash spinach and berries, slice berries and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together organic maple syrup, rice vinegar, grapeseed oil and poppy seeds until mixed well.
- Toss spinach, berries, almonds, and dressing until coated. Serve immediately.
I love making up the salads in single serving containers ahead of time without the dressing then adding that at serving time, great for gabbing and going! The chicken can be made at the beginning of the week as well and kept sliced in the fridge to add. This is a great salad to get creative with, substitute the chicken for grilled tofu or the strawberries for mandarin oranges!